Saturday, June 13, 2009

Nephi's Thoughts on the Book of Mormon

I finished reading 2 Nephi today. I'm always amazed by the strength of Nephi's testimony and how powerfully he writes (even though he humbly claims to have written "in weakness"- 2 Ne. 33:4). He's definitely one of my heroes-- someone I'm truly looking forward to meeting (or reuniting with?) someday.

Anyway, I was just impressed by his thoughts on what he was writing. Check this out:
And now, my beloved brethren, and also Jew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good. (2 Ne. 33:10)
It's amazing what Nephi recommends for the Book of Mormon skeptic: believe in Christ. If you do, then there's no way you can deny what the Book of Mormon teaches, because it is the word of Christ.

What does the Book of Mormon teach? It teaches all men that they should do good. That's what Christ taught (and did). What a wonderful message.

No comments: