Saturday, August 22, 2009

Children Are Our Future

Being a dad rocks. Our little girl is only two months old, but already everything I've focused on in my life has shifted (just like when I got married). Families are not only the basic unit of society (the only lifestyle choice, coupled with Gospel living, in which to find true happiness and fulfillment), but they help us come ever closer to Christ.

In the two years since my wife and I have been married (and especially in the last two months since we've been joined by our little one), I have learned more (and struggled more) about becoming unselfish, loving unconditionally, and finding what it takes to be a real man.

I invite you to read this talk by Elder Russell M. Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, given at a recent Congress of Families in Amsterdam.

No comments: